kestral answered: billy and teddy broke up?
Also, we had been talking about this in LS and I intend this to be when Teddy is living with the Kaplans
And he can probably hear Billy crying thru the wall
(I had a version, too? From Billy’s POV. Victorszasz’s version was fantastic, too. I wasn’t sure whether or not to reblog them or whatever, so … ;;;;; IDEK )
He could deal with this.
When he had first heard about his mo- well, the Scarlet Witch, at least- and what she had done (or what they SAID she had done), Billy had promised himself that things wouldn’t end up like that with him. He’d promised himself that, no matter who he lost in his life, he’d let things be. No more spells that changed the entire world. No more sacrificing thousands for a single person. Dealing with Nate had made coming to that conclusion easier, in a way. He’d seen the consequences, seen what could’ve happened if something in the past changed. He’d promised himself that he’d never take things like that into his own hands, no matter what.
Yet here he was, rocking back and forth, wishing that he could could I-want back into the past and change things in spite of the cost. His hands dug into the pillow pressed hard to his face to muffle sobs that he knew Teddy could still hear through the wall. Having a boyf-
Oh, god. He’d been about to say “having a boyfriend with almost super-hearing sucked sometimes,” but that wasn’t true, was it? Not the sucking part, because right now everything sucked. The boyfriend part. That wasn’t true. Not anymore.
Ohgod. Ohgodohgodohgod. And in a flash, Billy understood. This kind of pain- this horrible, tearing kind of pain that he had never known existed- she’d felt even more than this, hadn’t she? Because she hadn’t just broken up with her husband. She’d lost her kids AND her husband. And while the wall dividing him and Teddy seemed so thick at the moment, he wasn’t dead (even if it sortof felt that way at the moment).
No wonder. No freakin’ WONDER.
He’d promised himself that, if anything happened between him and Teddy, he’d do his best to deal with it like an adult, no matter how much it hurt. Because they weren’t just two normal kids, in the end. They should be able to deal with stuff like this easily. They were heroes, right? They’d fought Kang, dealt with an invasion and a war and … and …
And he could FEEL Teddy through the wall, knew that he was also on his bed in their spare room, with his stuff still not unpacked from when they’d stuck it in a few boxes to transfer it from Billy’s room over there. Not that it had taken many boxes. He hadn’t ended up taking much of his stuff with him when he moved in with the Kaplans. And suddenly Billy remembered the look on his face when Billy’s parents had opened the door and welcomed him in, that expression somewhere between disbelief and job that had made him just want to hug him right there and then, and that strangled laugh he’d made when Billy had accidentally spilled the suitcase with all of his underwear and gym clothes down the stairs, and the way his eyes had seemed so bright as he’d looked across the table at Billy that first night …
The pillow still smelled like him. Billy buried his face deeper into it and let out a long, shaking breath in some attempt to stop crying. It didn’t work.
He couldn’t deal with this.
- definitelynotsatan likes this
- eloa95 reblogged this from kaciart
- codemama reblogged this from kaciart
- jinjin98 likes this
- wallmanslab likes this
- hilarnika likes this
- bam-bam-flim-flam likes this
- moveforwards likes this
- paradox-of-retaliation reblogged this from kaciart
- mi-ao likes this
- denmatglade reblogged this from kaciart
- denmatglade likes this
- paradox-of-retaliation likes this
- crowleys-aupheling likes this
- falling-serenity likes this
- totally--whelmed likes this
- leranddom likes this
- asliceofwonderland likes this
- upstairsinmysocks likes this
- valar--dohaeris reblogged this from themiscyrian-feminist
- valar--dohaeris likes this
- nowherebloom likes this
- djmumford likes this
- captaincadiwack reblogged this from youareillogical
- soryuu reblogged this from youareillogical
- youareillogical likes this
- likeathu likes this
- daeviliges reblogged this from themiscyrian-feminist and added:
- benobleforyouaremadeofstars likes this
- homomaniac reblogged this from kaciart
- calimaki likes this
- littlechinesedoll likes this
- stargazerprince reblogged this from themiscyrian-feminist
- stargazerprince likes this
- iquitelikeitthatway likes this
- echoesinthespace likes this
- medsteph likes this
- colt-kun likes this
- fuckyeahrictorandshatterstar likes this
- jaytoddler likes this
- girlbyday likes this
- sharkinaturtleneck reblogged this from themiscyrian-feminist
- livelaughlove-livy likes this
- campaignofmadness likes this
- call-me-charlie reblogged this from kaciart
- call-me-charlie likes this
- ryki reblogged this from themiscyrian-feminist
- narathmi likes this