This is a summary of college only using two pictures; expensive as hell.
That’s my Sociology “book”. In fact what it is is a piece of paper with codes written on it to allow me to access an electronic version of a book. I was told by my professor that I could not buy any other paperback version, or use another code, so I was left with no option other than buying a piece of paper for over $200. Best part about all this is my professor wrote the books; there’s something hilariously sadistic about that. So I pretty much doled out $200 for a current edition of an online textbook that is no different than an older, paperback edition of the same book for $5; yeah, I checked. My mistake for listening to my professor.
This is why we download.
Spreading this shit like nutella because goddamn textbooks are so expensive.
Already getting unimpressive vibes from this guy I’m supposed to be tutoring in Biology next week.
If I’m contacting someone in a semi-professional manner, I expect them to use complete sentences, use punctuation and capitalization, and generally send back semi-professional answers.
I don’t expect them to reply in a mix of chatspeak and informal language, or to have lied to the woman directing the tutoring facility about what hours they’re available. T: I don’t have the time to fuck around with someone who can’t be bothered to tell the truth.
I have four high-level classes, another entire section of tutoring, mentoring, am co-running anime club, and will possibly be involved in the play this semester. I simply do not have time to fuck around. T:
Essentially, I am unimpressed.
1. Open Culture: Not a large a selection, but high quality texts. If you just want to skim a book to brush up on a course you took in ninth grade, download one of these. I have yet to be disappointed.
2. Book Boon: Provides free college-level textbooks in a PDF format. Probably the widest range of subjects on the web. The site is also pretty.
3. Flat World Knowledge: The worlds largest publisher of free and open college textbooks. Humanitie texts are particularly difficult to come by, this site has a great selection in all disciplines.
4. Textbook Revolution: Some of the books are PDF files, others are viewable online as e-books, or some are simply web sites containing course or multimedia content.
5. Library Pirate: I’ve always had an addiction to torrent based pirating. When this site opened a few months ago, I went a little overboard. After dropping two hundred on a paperback spanish textbook, I downloaded the ebook version illegally. I also got a great Psyc text i’m obsessed with. It will be interesting to see how this site grows- they already have a great selection.
I fucking needed this
I got two B’s this semester. I am so disappointed in myself right now. :C
I have an A and an A- in the others, and I’m certain I’ll get an A or an A+ for the class I’m taking the final for tomorrow, but … Since I’m only taking five classes, my GPA is still gonna plummet. ;_;
I’m really tired, but I still have a paper to do and a portfolio to put together. This doesn’t count the project where I have to go downtown and do some research.
Siiiiigh. Finals week, man.
- 1) Sit in lecture and listen to your brilliant professor talk about King Lear.
- 2) Download mp3 files of celebrities reading your favorite poems.
3) Scroll Tumblr endlessly.
4) Read fanfiction.
Am I the only one who squirrels papers away when they’re passed out in class and then forgets where she puts them and consequently freaks the fuck out when it’s time to find use them for homework?
Because I keep doing that. T:
Okay, so. I assumed that the paper we have due tomorrow was 3-5 pages and thus wasn’t concerned about it.
It’s 5-7 instead.
No, I was just talking about how much I didn’t want this last night.
Stomach, nausea, stop that. If you caught that stomach flu that’s been going around, I swear to GOD. We were already cold-sick this year, I do NOT want to break my five year non-vomiting streak.
I mean, I’m very often nauseated and lack an appetite anyway, but I actively feel sick right now. Mild, but it feels like it could increase. T:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. T: I’m gonna skip lyric class and do all the homework for that tonight. I don’t trust my body right now.
Aaand after a few months of being pretty controlled and content, suddenly there’s someone in my life again who makes me want to remove them from my life violently.
Y’know what? Fuck jeans. For the first time EVER, I’m going somewhere outside my residence hall with my pajamas on.
I believe this accurately displays how I feel about having to go to my last meeting with this kid after he blew me off yesterday, wasted my time, and lied to me about tutoring:
That awkward moment when you realized you’re being two-timed by your tutee? ;;;
Essentially, what happened is that apparently this kid I just started tutoring in Bio has already been meeting ANOTHER person for a few weeks already … despite the fact that we just met last week and set up times to meet this week. We were supposed to meet at 1:30 today, and he never showed up. Instead, the other tutor showed up and was getting the actual paperwork to start on-the-record tutoring.
I hate people who waste my time. I’m not exactly pleased with this. Actually, I’m beginning to grow grumpy at people in general today. If I don’t get time to draw and chill out soon, I’m gonna explode.